The Reading from the Epistle of St. Paul to the Galatians. (4:22-27)
Brethren, Abraham had two sons, one by a slave and one by a free woman. But the son of the slave was born according to the flesh, the son of the free woman through promise. Now this is an allegory: these women are two covenants. One is from Mount Sinai, bearing children for slavery; she is Hagar. Now Hagar is Mount Sinai in Arabia; she corresponds to the present Jerusalem, for she is in slavery with her children. But the Jerusalem above is free, and she is our mother. For it is written, “Rejoice, O barren one who does not bear; break forth and shout, you who are not in travail; for the children of the desolate one are many more than the children of her that is married.”
The Reading from the Holy Gospel according to St. Luke. (13:10-17)
At that time, Jesus was teaching in one of the synagogues on the Sabbath. And there was a woman who had had a spirit of infirmity for eighteen years; she was bent over and could not fully straighten herself. And when Jesus saw her, He called her and said to her, “Woman, you are freed from your infirmity.” And He laid His hands upon her, and immediately she was made straight, and she praised God. But the ruler of the synagogue, indignant because Jesus had healed on the Sabbath, said to the people, “There are six days on which work ought to be done; come on those days and be healed, and not on the Sabbath day.” Then the Lord answered him, “You hypocrite! Does not each of you on the Sabbath untie his ox or his ass from the manger, and lead it away to water it? And ought not this woman, a daughter of Abraham, whom Satan bound for eighteen years, be loosed from this bond on the Sabbath day?” As Jesus said this, all His adversaries were put to shame; and all the people rejoiced at all the glorious things that were done by Him.
FOOD FESTIVAL FREEZER SALE
Quantities are still available. If you are interested in purchasing frozen food from our Food Festival, please contact the church via phone (412-221-2277) or email (email@example.com)
Church School Announcements
Church school meets at 9:30am on Sundays. The last Church School day will be May 20, 2018.
SOYO meets the second Sunday each month at 9:30am.
Reassignment of Father Damaskinos
Fr. Damaskinos’ contact information is:
Fr. Damaskinos Issa, Pastor
St. Mary Antiochian Orthodox Christian Church, Hunt Valley, MD
Church Office: 410-785-0909
Church Website: www.nativityofthetheotokos.org
May God grant them many blessed years as Servants of God of the parish of St. Mary Antiochian Orthodox Church in Hunt Valley, MD.
- Fr. Jason's Lebanon Trip - Attached is an article written by our own Father Jason DelVitto regarding his trip with Bishop THOMAS to Lebanon last year. Congratulations to Father Jason! http://www.antiochian.org//middle-east
- Home Blessings If you would like to have your home blessed please call the church and leave a message and Father will get back to you to schedule it.
- VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!!
- Building Fund Luncheon Hosts – St George would like to have a Building Fund Luncheon one Sunday each month this year. Are you interested in hosting one of these important fellowship fundraisers for our new Building? Families are welcome to work together to host these events. Months of August through Dec are still open for hosting. Contact Father Jason or sign up on the coffee hour sheet in the church hall
- Coffee hour hosts - Nothing fancy needed, just 2 dozen donuts. See the sign up sheet in the hall.
- "We have different gifts, according to the grace given us. If it is serving, then serve. If it is teaching, then teach. If it is to encourage, then give encouragement. If it is contributing to the needs of others, then give generously." Romans 12:6-8
Antiochian Village Winter Camp—January 18-21, 2019
2019 Parish Life Conference - June 26-30, 2019 at the Antiochian Village.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO OBTAIN A COPY OF OUR WEEKLY BULLETIN IN ITS ENTIRETY, PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR REQUEST VIA OUR PARISH EMAIL ADDRESS: firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR EMAIL OR MAILING ADDRESS AND WE WILL BE GLAD TO SEND A COPY TO YOU.
YOU ARE MOST WELCOME TO VISIT OUR CHURCH AND RECEIVE A COPY OF OUR BULLETIN AS WELL AS OTHER LITERATURE RELATIVE TO THE ORTHODOX FAITH.