The Reading from the Epistle of St. Paul to St. Titus. (3:8-15)
Titus, my son, the saying is sure. I desire you to insist on these things, so that those who have believed in God may be careful to apply themselves to good deeds; these are excellent and profitable to men. But avoid stupid controversies, genealogies, dissensions, and quarrels over the law, for they are unprofitable and futile. As for a man who is factious, after admonishing him once or twice, have nothing more to do with him, knowing that such a person is perverted and sinful; he is self-condemned. When I send Artemas or Tychicus to you, do your best to come to me at Nicopolis, for I have decided to spend the winter there. Do your best to speed Zenas the lawyer and Apollos on their way; see that they lack nothing. And let our people learn to apply themselves to good deeds, so as to help cases of urgent need, and not to be unfruitful. All who are with me send greetings to you. Greet those who love us in the faith. Grace be with you all. Amen.
The Reading from the Holy Gospel according to St. Matthew. (5:14-19)
The Lord said to His Disciples: “You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hid. Nor do men light a lamp and put it under a bushel, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father Who is in heaven. Think not that I have come to abolish the law and the prophets; I have come not to abolish them, but to fulfill them. For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the law until all is accomplished. Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.”
Results of Special Meeting
There were 71 voting members in attendance at the Special Meeting of the Parish held June 24, 2018. The results were 68 votes for and 3 votes against, and the motion passed to apply for a mortgage to purchase 3220 Washington Pike.
There are continued opportunities we all have to be involved in the life of the parish, both through financial and volunteer support—Food Festival, Golf Outing and Black & Gold Raffle which are important in our ability to cover the costs of the mortgage for both the new Church building and the property on Washington Pike. A Volunteer Opportunities Form is outside the parish office and was emailed.
Food Festival 2018 Cooking Dates
Here are the cooking dates. We need all hands on deck as we prepare the same or more quantities of food as last year!
July 21– grape leaves
July 28—grape leaves
August 18—meat pies
September 15—lady locks
October 19-21 - FOOD FESTIVAL WEEKEND!!
Church School Announcements
Church school meets at 9:30am on Sundays. The last Church School day will be May 20, 2018.
SOYO meets the second Sunday each month at 9:30am.
Reassignment of Father Damaskinos
Fr. Damaskinos’ contact information is:
Fr. Damaskinos Issa, Pastor
St. Mary Antiochian Orthodox Christian Church, Hunt Valley, MD
Church Office: 410-785-0909
Church Website: www.nativityofthetheotokos.org
May God grant them many blessed years as Servants of God of the parish of St. Mary Antiochian Orthodox Church in Hunt Valley, MD.
- Fr. Jason's Lebanon Trip - Attached is an article written by our own Father Jason DelVitto regarding his trip with Bishop THOMAS to Lebanon last year. Congratulations to Father Jason! http://www.antiochian.org//middle-east
- Home Blessings If you would like to have your home blessed please call the church and leave a message and Father will get back to you to schedule it.
- VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!!
- Building Fund Luncheon Hosts – St George would like to have a Building Fund Luncheon one Sunday each month this year. Are you interested in hosting one of these important fellowship fundraisers for our new Building? Families are welcome to work together to host these events. Months of August through Dec are still open for hosting. Contact Father Jason or sign up on the coffee hour sheet in the church hall
- Coffee hour hosts - Nothing fancy needed, just 2 dozen donuts. See the sign up sheet in the hall.
- "We have different gifts, according to the grace given us. If it is serving, then serve. If it is teaching, then teach. If it is to encourage, then give encouragement. If it is contributing to the needs of others, then give generously." Romans 12:6-8
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO OBTAIN A COPY OF OUR WEEKLY BULLETIN IN ITS ENTIRETY, PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR REQUEST VIA OUR PARISH EMAIL ADDRESS: email@example.com
PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR EMAIL OR MAILING ADDRESS AND WE WILL BE GLAD TO SEND A COPY TO YOU.
YOU ARE MOST WELCOME TO VISIT OUR CHURCH AND RECEIVE A COPY OF OUR BULLETIN AS WELL AS OTHER LITERATURE RELATIVE TO THE ORTHODOX FAITH.