While we are not able to be together for services at this time, all are invited to watch services on our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/stgeorgebridgeville/
Having an account to Facebook is NOT required to watch the live services on a laptop or tablet. However, if you would like a Facebook account, or if you need to watch services from your phone, it is fast and easy to create one using any email account by visiting www.facebook.com and then search for: St. George of Bridgeville Antiochian Orthodox Church to find our church page where the services will be streaming.
Facebook Live Service Schedule:
- Saturday 4/11 - 10:30 a.m. Divine Liturgy for Lazarus Saturday
- Sunday 4/12 - 9:30 a.m. Matins and 10:30 a.m. Divine Liturgy for Palm Sunday
- Monday 4/13 - 7:00 p.m. Bridegroom Matins
- Tuesday 4/14 - 7:00 p.m. Bridegroom Matins
- Wednesday 4/15 - 7:00 p.m. Matins for Holy Thursday
- Thursday 4/16 - 10:30 a.m. Liturgy of St. Basil the Great
- Thursday 4/16 - 7:00 p.m. Matins: Twelve Gospels
- Friday 4/17 - 4:00 p.m. Vespers - Entombment of Christ
- Friday 4/17 - 7:00 p.m. Matins/Lamentations
- Saturday 4/18 - 10:00 a.m. Liturgy of St. Basil the Great
- Saturday 4/18 - 10:00 p.m. PASCHAL MATINS AND LITURGY
- Sunday 4/19 - 1:00 p.m. AGAPE Vespers (Vespers of Love)
Recordings of the Services will be available on the Live Services page of this website as well.
"Proclaiming and celebrating the Gospel of Our Lord Jesus Christ as the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church"
Welcome to St. George Antiochian Orthodox Church of Bridgeville, Pennsylvania!
We are a parish of the Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America: His Eminence Metropolitan JOSEPH, Primate; His Grace Bishop THOMAS, Bishop of the Diocese of Charleston, Oakland and the Mid-Atlantic.Our parish is dedicated to the spreading of the Gospel of Our Lord Jesus Christ, through the Church He established - the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church - The Orthodox Christian Church.
Our community was formed in 1920 when the first immigrants from Syria, bringing with them their deep love and devotion to the Orthodox Faith, arrived in Bridgeville. A blacksmith shop was purchased and converted to a church, which served the Bridgeville community for approximately 25 years. A small group of dedicated members funded the purchase of a small lot in a residential area where the present facility is located and initiated construction of a new church in 1947. It was completed and dedicated in 1950.
Years later, the residential house next door was purchased and now serves as the Educational Center for our Church School. Today, our church has grown to 125 families with a choir who sings in the traditional a capella style of singing, characteristic of Orthodox Christian worship.
We invite you to explore the Orthodox Christian Faith and to join us in worship, proclaiming and celebrating the Ancient Christian Faith in our contemporary world. For further information on the Orthodox Christian Church, please contact our pastor, Fr. Jason DelVitto @412.221.2277, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. or access our website option "About Orthodoxy."
If you have any questions, you can email St. George at email@example.com.
If you would like to join our mailing list, please fill out the following form.